Thursday, December 2, 2010

Clean Eating Challenge..Who's with me?

Yesterday I started my clean eating challenge.  It goes up until Christmas.  The goal and concept is to eat clean everyday for the next 25 days and hopefully the outcome for me will be some weight loss.  My goal is to lose about 5 pounds.  My plan is to work out HARD and keep my nutrition on track and clean as possible.  In case you have forgotten, clean eating consists of:

eating often, every 2-3 hours..why? To keep your metabolism going

veggies
fruit
lean meat
whole grains
drink plenty of water

Not clean:
processed foods
pop/juice
saturated and trans fats
refined flour and sugar
alcohol

I wanted to share my plan to help me stay motivated and hold myself accountable. I will be taking one day at a time and will keep my goals in mind.  Normally I eat clean but I thought I should clean it up a bit more and work harder with my work outs.  I CAN do this and I will!  I also started Shakeology on Monday. So far=fabulous!

Yesterdays meals:
Breakfast- Shakeology mixed with 2 tbsp of PB
Snack-2 rice cakes topped with raspberries and 1 tbsp PB, drizzled with honey
Lunch-homemade soup (turkey, wild rice and carrots)
Snack-small apple topped with granola..and a lil later (I was starving) I had a protein bar
Dinner-egg whites scrambled with a deli fresh whole wheat bagel
After work out drink- Shakeology

Work out- Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance and some circuit training.


Keep your goals in mind everyday and remember why your doing what you set out to do.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good Ami, except the carrot soup. haha. How do those shakes really taste? I am not really into shakes to much and have been eating protein bars instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Coach Ami! You know I'm In!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra,

    Sorry that was Turkey soup with wild rice and carrots. Will have to fix that.
    The shakes are fantastic! I have been using Chocolate and love it. Pretty much endless in terms of what you can add to them and it tastes like a rich brownie. The consistency isn't like most shakes, they are nice and thick so to me thats a huge plus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Bethany! Lets do this!

    ReplyDelete