Sunday, December 5, 2010

Droppin pounds..okay just one but still

Today is a great day! Why? Well since I started Shakeology on Monday and my super clean challenge on the 1st I have gone from 156lbs (Monday) to 154.8 (today).  To me this is fantastic because I have been hovering for quite some time.  Staying strong with my diet and todays work out was a huge success.  A friend and I rocked Insanity Plyometrics.  I learned that when you work out with other people, you find yourslef pushing through the work outs a lot harder.

As far as food goes well I won't bore you with my dull diet that I eat pretty much everyday.  It's simple and clean, it works for me so I like it.  I will however give you some ideas to use.  We will start with Breakfast.

Breakfast:

Oatmeal (rolled oats, quick oats)
add berries, pb,honey,protein powder,nuts,cinnamon, banana

Quinoa-add honey, berries etc. Basically  add what you would to oatmeal
Egg whites- make a scramble, omlet, burrito or frittata
Protein shake
Shakeology
Cottage cheese and fruit
Pancakes-yes its possible! Here is a recipe that I like:

1-1/2 C whole wheat pastry flour
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/4 C canola oil
2 C low fat milk
2 Tsp baking soda
1/2 wheat germ

* I add a banana and 1 cup of blueberries to the batter and sometimes a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder.

In medium bowl mix eggs w/oil and low fat milk.  Stir in baking soda, wheat germ, and flour; mix until blended.
(10 servings)

Toppings: Sliced banana and REAL maple syrup. (tastes like banana bread) May also use honey or molasses.

Serving size: 3 pancakes
Cal:210
Fat total: 9
Sat fat::1
Carbs:24
Fiber: 4
Protein:6

I tried Quinoa (Keen-Wah)  last night instead of my usual brown rice. I ate it plain with some stir fry veggies and thought it was tasty.







All this talk about food is making me hungry so I will leave you with this; get up off of the couch and work out, it's still going to be there when your done!;-)

3 comments: