Monday, October 31, 2011

Why is this so HARD?!


I want to swim laps, breathe and not die. That is my goal. Why is this so hard to do all at once? Timing your breathing while out of breath and not taking in a huge gulp of water while your head is out of the water but obviously not enough, is what I am struggling with.

Yesterday I had my friend Alison teach me how to lap swim. Sure I can do that but not with the head in the water. I am supposed to be in great shape so you would think that I would last longer than half the pool. Ha yeah right. Once your heart really starts to pump, of course your next step is going to want to take a huge breath. Then theres the leg work. Oh my goodness I thought I would die.

Though I didn't make it very far, I am very excited to go back and keep practicing. I WILL DO THIS! Besides, how can I do a TRI without the swim?

I left the pool feeling amazing! My whole body was worked and I was ready for more. In the meantime I will be working on my cardio so I can be able to pull everything together and maybe make it the entire lenth of the pool.

Simply fantastic and a new challenge~

No comments:

Post a Comment